More Snow Expected Friday as Cold Snap Continues

By The Chronicle

A winter weather advisory was lifted Thursday morning, but not until after several inches of snow fell across the lowlands of Lewis and Thurston counties and surrounding areas.

The snowfall made the commute tricky Thursday morning and led to school closures and delays throughout the area. Dozens of crashes have been reported since snow began falling Tuesday. Another wave of the white stuff arrived Wednesday night with residents in the lowlands reporting anywhere from three to inches of snow.

And it’s not done yet.

There’s a 50 percent chance of snow today in the Twin Cities as the National Weather Service in Seattle calls for mostly cloudy skies and a high near 38 degrees. The wind chill will make it feel more like 20 to 30 degrees, though. Less than half an inch is expected.

On Friday, there is a 30 percent chance of snow after 4 a.m. before it gradually becomes sunny and warms to 35 degrees during the day. There’s a 70 percent chance of precipitation during the day Friday with about an inch of snow expected.

Friday night and into the weekend, a mixture of snow and rain is likely, with rain dominating the forecast by Saturday night.

Check www.weather.gov/sew/ for updated forecasts for your area.